Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Almost Finished and Some Flowers

I just finished stitching this Piece. It will be a pincushion,with a lace border,filled with walnut shells.. Now I need to put it together. Its a BlackBird Design called
Basket Of Memories. Done on 32 ct bone linen using Gentle Arts Aged Pewter threads.
(with some of my Lily of the Valley)

And these are some of my Flowers Blooming right now in my Gardens..
Lavender and White Lilacs

and the last Plant my Dad Gave to me before he passed away. He was a Florist and Grew Beautiful
Plants..this is a Lavender Azalea...with very large blooms...
Hope you enjoyed these. I think this is my favorite time of the year,and its so beautiful
around my neighborhood because the homes are all older and the flowering plants
are mature and so beautiful. So much color..it makes you happy to be alive just looking at them all

Have a Great evening
Marilyn


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stichery - and beautiful blooms! Both make me almost able to taste spring - which is a wonderful thing given the snow we're expecting here. No spring yet in Nod.....Thanks for sharing...Smiles, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish & the flowers are beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blackbird Designs always has really neat designs.

    Your flowers are gorgeous!! How special to have such a beautiful flower from your dad! My Azaleas are red and white. Your lavender one is so much prettier.

    ReplyDelete